So, Mike, do you prefer me to attach it to 820 or create a new ticket?

/E

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
make a ticket at http://www.sqlalchemy.org/trac/query (log in guest/guest but then put your email somewhere in ticket's text)
and attach them all there.

or wait until Mike says so, maybe that existing ticket 820 can be extended.

On Sunday 22 June 2008 15:26:38 Egil Möller wrote:
There are several bugs in how SA trunkates and mangles names for
tables, indices, columns etc. With postgres it's not so bad,
because the cutoff is at 64 chars (if you use elixir, set
user_shortnames and you should be ok). It's much worse when using
e.g. Oracle (with its 32 char limit and a heap of reserved words).

I and a  coworker (Axel Liljencrantz) has been working on a set of
patches that fixes those issues once and for all, mainly to get
Oracle to work, but they most of them are not oracle specific... I
can't guarantee that we got everything right thou - we might have
misunderstood how things where supposed to work...

Does someone know where you are supposed to send patches/sets of
patches for evaluation and possible inclusion in SA?

The patches are against  SQLAlchemy 0.4.5 btw.

Best regards,
Egil Möller

P.S. I could send you the patches privately if you want - I don't
want to spam the whole list w 16kb of tgz that most people wouldn't
care about...

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
i hit some uncovered limitation, e.g. postgres truncating a name
to 64 and then complaning about

sqlalchemy.exceptions.ProgrammingError:
(ProgrammingError)
"_Assoc_SluzhebnoNaznachenie__originalno_ANazn_sluzhebni_naznach"
is not a sequence
 'select
nextval(\'"_Assoc_SluzhebnoNaznachenie__originalno_ANazn_sluzhebn
i_naznachenia_db_id_seq"\')'

(the last part "enia_db_id_seq" is missing

any idea?
i've renamed the tables alright, but this should be transparent
somehow?

maybe similar issue to ticket 820 'long index names' ?

ciao
svilen