Hello

Here's my case. I have 3 tables, "summits", "parkings", and "huts".
They all have an "elevation" column. And I want to do queries like
that: "the summits, parkings, and huts that are higher than 2000
meters", "the summits that are lower than 1000 meters", "the parkings
and huts that are between 500 and 2000 meters". What's to be noted is
that the list of tables to query isn't fixed, it actually depends on
some parameter in the received HTTP request.

The more naive approach involves doing separate queries. For example
if the HTTP request has tables=summits,huts, then the queries
s.query(Summit).filter() and s.query(Hut).filter() are performed. This
might not be efficient because of the separate database queries.

I thought about using Concrete Table Inheritance for that, but I'm not
sure if it can meet my "the list of tables to query varies from one
HTTP request to another".

I'd appreciate some advice and guidance on that issue.

Thanks,

Eric