On Sep 1, 2008, at 12:06 PM, Eric Lemoine wrote:

> Thanks Mike for your response.
>
> In your response you mention having my own function around
> polymorphic_union and call it on every request based on the table list
> in the request params. Instead it seems to me that I can construct my
> union using polymorphic_union once for good (with all the tables) and
> use with_polymorphic on each request.
>
> Is my understanding correct?

Yes that's correct, one union could have all of the tables in question
present, and that would be the "default" union.  However, using
with_polymorphic() on each request in conjunction with concrete table
inheritance still wants you to send along a selectable , in the form
with_polymorphic([cls1, cls2, cls3], someselectable), that indicates
the UNION to be used for this specific query.  Basically SQLA doesn't
generate the UNIONs automatically at this point.