Hi,

I'm using SA 0.4.6 and I'm having trouble using the result of a
database function / stored procedure in an UPDATE statement (being
constructed with SQL expression lang).   This happens to be for using
PostGIS columns; however, that is not relevant to the problem here.  I
have tried doing some searching on this in the manual and in user
group, but have not found an answer.

A simplified version of my python code looks like this:

mytable.update(mytable.c.id==idvar, {'geocolumn':
func.GeomFromText(wkt, 4326)})

The function is being quoted and some other weird stuff is happening,
such that I have result SQL that looks like:

UPDATE mytable SET geocolumn =
E'GeomFromText(''GeomFromText(:GeomFromText_1, :GeomFromText_2)'',
4326)' WHERE id = 1

So, without having looked into this more deeply (within SA), it would
appear that I need to tell SA to treat my parameters to the func as
literals (?) and somehow tell it to not escape the function itself
(?).,  Is there a better / correct way to do this?  I'd be happy to
write up some instructions for the "Functions" section of the manual
if there is a solution or best-practice for this (will need some
guidance on how to submit that documentation).

Thanks in advance!

Hans