Thanks a lot for the reply...

> So to suggest an alternative to this you'd have to describe what
> additional behavior is needed, such as is it an issue of overly
> complex filter criterion being inefficient on the server side, or
> you're trying to reduce the number of persist operations, or some kind
> of long-transaction-spanning concern.

I'm working on a web application so I suppose the later is of concern.

Specifically, once the server has responded, I no longer have a handle
on the SQLA session or query objects (they've been removed/deleted).
But, I do have a beaker session, so I guess my question is how to best
recreate a user's last result set so as to perform the user's current
manipulation on it.

I can't store the query object in the beaker session because it can't
be pickled, right?.  So is there a way to dump a string representation
of a query object, then recreate it and associate it with a new SQLA
Session?

Or am I missing the obvious?  Thanks again for the help.

- Adam