Hi all,

I'm having a problem with a new instance of a relation conflicting with

an existing instance. I'm using SA 0.5rc with Sqlite3. Here are my

simplified classes:

class Stat(sqladb.Base):

     __tablename__ = "stats"

     name         = Column(String(32), primary_key=True)

     total        = Column(Integer)

     created      = Column(DateTime, default=datetime.datetime.now())

     updated      = Column(DateTime)

     states       = Column(PickleType, default={})

     extraStats   = relation("ExtraStat", backref="stat")

class ExtraStat(sqladb.Base):

     __tablename__ = "extrastats"

     name         = Column(String(32), ForeignKey("stats.name"),
primary_key=True)

     total        = Column(Integer)

     created      = Column(DateTime, default=datetime.datetime.now())

     updated      = Column(DateTime)

     states       = Column(PickleType, default={})

The above Stat class has a one-to-many relationship with the ExtraStat

class (which I think I've implemented correctly). Later in the

program I create an in memory data model that has as part of it's

components two

dictionaries that contain Stat instances. Those Stat instances have

relationships to ExtraStat instances. My problem comes in the

following when I'm trying to update the data in those instances/tables.

Here is a section of code that throws the exception:

pressName = "press%s" % pressNum

# add new ExtraStat instances as relations

self._addProductStatsPress(productType, pressName)

self._addPressStatsProduct(pressName, productType)

try:

   extraStat = session.query(Stat). \

               filter(Stat.name==productType). \

               join("extraStats"). \

               filter(ExtraStat.name==pressName).one()

except:

   extraStat = ExtraStat(pressName, ExtraStat.PRESS_TYPE)

   self.productStats[productType].extraStats.append(extraStat)

   extraStat.states.setdefault(sstate, 0)

   extraStat.states[sstate] += 1

   extraStat.updated = now

   extraStat = session.merge(extraStat)

try:

   extraStat = session.query(Stat). \

               filter(Stat.name==pressName). \

               join("extraStats"). \

               filter(ExtraStat.name==productType).one()   <==== throws
exception right here

except:

   extraStat = ExtraStat(productType, ExtraStat.PRODUCT_TYPE)

   self.pressStats[pressName].extraStats.append(extraStat)

   extraStat.states.setdefault(sstate, 0)

   extraStat.states[sstate] += 1

   extraStat.updated = now

The marked area is wear it throws the exception. I'm not sure what to

do here to get past this, any help or ideas would be greatly

appreciated.

The exact exception is as follows:

Sqlalchemy.orm.exc.FlushError: New instance [EMAIL PROTECTED] With identity

key (<class '__main__.ExtraStat'>,(u'C',)) conflicts with persistent

instance [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Thanks!

Doug