Michael Bayer wrote:

> Martijn Faassen wrote:
>>
>> Hey,
>>
>> Michael Bayer wrote:

specifically regarding backref(), I've simplified the internals for this
in trunk rev 6390.  The recipe I gave for overriding _determine_joins()
still holds, except no knowledge of "backref" is required:

class MyRelation(RelationProperty):

    def _determine_joins(self):
        self.primaryjoin = join_condition(self.parent.local_table,
self.target) & (self.parent.local_table.c.id>0)

The entire "backref" calculation now occurs within _generate_backref() at
the end of the do_init() procedure, and the BackRef object is gone.

http://www.sqlalchemy.org/trac/changeset/6390