On Oct 8, 2009, at 4:02 PM, Christoph Zwerschke wrote:

> So this behavior is in fact intended by SQLAlchemy. As Mike explained,
> this is because propagating events further than the 2 objects directly
> involved would become too complex, possibly leading to recursion and
> performance issues.

the recursion/perfomance issues I consider implementational humps to
get over, but its not like making the event system more comprehensive
would be impossible.   I think the bigger problem is just whatever
surprises and undesierably complexity arise from this new behavior
across the wide range of existing applications, versus how much should
an application really be relying upon the events synchronzing a large
field of references instead of refreshing from the database.   It
might be that theres not really any bad surprises and the use case is
more significant than previously thought.  In my own work though I've
never had a need to rely upon large chains of references aligning
themselves along add/removes.