Hello,

And best wishes for 2010! I am the maintainer, Geert Vanderkelen, of
MySQL Connector/Python at Sun Microsystems.

First, thanks for taking MySQL Connector/Python and putting it in as a
dialect in SQL Alchemy, great stuff already! This will be great for
other projects using SQLAlchemy. Very cool!

Few things:
* Could you change the dialect name from 'myconnpy' to
'mysqlconnector' or something like that. 'MySQL' should be first in
the name, as this is most 'official' thing the MySQL Team has done for
Python. Would be great. 'myconnpy' is just the short tag on LaunchPad.
* Checking the current trunk of SQLAlchemy, it's using a quite old
version of MySQL Connector/Python. We've done some development
releases lately, and there will be more. The bug mentioned, was fixed
though!

Maybe, if I'll find time, I'll check the code myself and do some work
there too.

I'm looking forward for ideas, and improvements for MySQL Connector/
Python to make the integration easier. If you guys have ideas, please
post them on LaunchPad.

Cheers,

Geert