geertjanvdk wrote:

> Thanks so much for this! I think that name will make it more clear
> what it is. There was additional myconnpy import in __init__.py,
> which I corrected in the patch below.

oops, yeah , that is in r6615 thx

> One change I did was _get_server_version_info(), see in patch
> below.

that change is also in r6615.

> I ran the tests, not sure how normal the number of errors is :)
> (Using MySQL Connector/Python 0.1.2-dev)
>
> shell> nosetests --dburi=mysql+mysqlconnector://root:@localhost/
> sqlalchemy
> ..
> Ran 784 tests in 49.766s
>
> FAILED (errors=499, failures=2)

For MySQL dialects there should be no errors or failures - at most there
may be a handful of errors/failures which correspond to tests that should
be skipped for that DBAPI, although if you're getting one of those which
leads the database into an invalid state it may result in a cascade of
many failures.

It's more likely that the mysqlconnector dialect has some outdated
elements in it which need to be updated, or perhaps that there's some
DBAPI behavior not yet provided by mysqlconnector that SQLA is expecting.
A log of tests running with MySQLdb as well as OurSQL is at
http://paste.pocoo.org/show/161970/