geertjanvdk wrote:
> Hello,
>
> And best wishes for 2010! I am the maintainer, Geert Vanderkelen, of
> MySQL Connector/Python at Sun Microsystems.
>
> First, thanks for taking MySQL Connector/Python and putting it in as a
> dialect in SQL Alchemy, great stuff already! This will be great for
> other projects using SQLAlchemy. Very cool!
>
> Few things:
> * Could you change the dialect name from 'myconnpy' to
> 'mysqlconnector' or something like that. 'MySQL' should be first in
> the name, as this is most 'official' thing the MySQL Team has done for
> Python. Would be great. 'myconnpy' is just the short tag on LaunchPad.

renamed to "mysqlconnector" in r6613.

> * Checking the current trunk of SQLAlchemy, it's using a quite old
> version of MySQL Connector/Python. We've done some development
> releases lately, and there will be more. The bug mentioned, was fixed
> though!

There were two bugs that were being worked around, and for some reason the
hyperlink in the source code were all for just one bug; additionally I
can't seem to find any of those bugs on the launchpad site which doesn't
seem to have any way to show "resolved" bugs, or they were removed, not
really sure.   Anyway I've removed both workarounds in r6613 - using
cursor.lastrowid now, using dbapi.paramstyle as is without forcing to
positional.   Feel free to try out trunk and run the unit tests,
specifying uri=mysql+mysqlconnector://user:n...@host/db !