After fixing my cut&paste problem I just get DB2 sql errors from the sample code. I'm going to turn on some more logging in db2 and see what is actually reaching it.

Kevin

Matthew wrote:
I got around this by switching to declarative and declaring my
property like this:

    _id = column_property(Column("id",Integer,primary_key=True),
comparator_factory=some_comparator_factory())

And then used @synonym_for for the getter:

    @synonym_for("_id")
    @property
    def id(self):
        return some_function(self._id)

I'm still not sure what was wrong with my original code, so would be
interested in any comments, for academic reasons.

Thank you!

Matthew