keith cascio wrote:

> Also, I would like to know how I prevent
> SQLAlchemy from issuing BEGIN and COMMIT statements to the database.
> This is a MySQL database with MyISAM tables that have no transaction
> support.  This is an overloaded, remote database, and touching it is
> expensive.

SQLA uses the DBAPI in its default mode of "autocommit=False" and is
always going to issue flushes followed by a COMMIT or ROLLBACK.   There's
also a ROLLBACK which occurs automatically via the connection pool and you
can turn that one off with a connection pool flag.   But these operations
are practically free with MyISAM so there's no overhead consideration.