Hi,

sorry for the late reply. I've now made some measurements, and
repeated those two a couple times to avoid caching effects. I've
reduced it to the innermost sql statement. Here they are:

SELECT entrypoint_id, ...<20 about fields> ..., ROW_NUMBER() OVER
(ORDER BY creationdate DESC, entrypoint_id DESC) AS ora_rn FROM
browseentrypoint
--> 1.7 secs

Now the same in 'traditional style':
SELECT entrypoint_id, ...<20 about fields> ... FROM browseentrypoint
ORDER BY creationdate DESC, entrypoint_id DESC
--> 27 secs

The results are exactly the same. So there is a quite a difference
btw. those two statements.
I've to say that we don't have indices since users can (through the
web frontend) sort after arbitrary fields (all 20). Having 20
different indices on one table was not feasible.

Ralph