On Dec 25, 2010, at 11:02 AM, Viktor Nagy wrote:

> hi,
>
> I have  function defined in one of my postgresql schemas, and my Session is
> bound to tables in both schemas. How can I run in this case a simple function
> call like the following:
>
> select public."fnPunctajAngajatPeZI"(23, cast(now() as timestamp));
>
> I've tried session.execute, but - as the docs state - a mapper should be
> specified. What does this mean in my case?

The session would like to know which engine it should be using, if it isn't
just using session.bind.  So you'd pass a mapper or SQL clause that would point
it to one engine or the other.

We'll be adding "bind" to session.execute() and session.connection() soon so
that you can just pass the actual engine you'd like to use.