class A is mapped to table X which is associated with metadata M1 associated
with engine Q, you'd like to deal with engine Q:

session.execute("select  * from some function", mapper=A)

This is all assuming you're in a multi-engine setup, I assume that's what you
mean by "both schemas".   If you have an engine in play that is not associated
with any mapped classes at all, you can use
session._connection_for_bind(my_engine) to acquire a connection for now until
the new feature is implemented, or just execute your function using the engine
directly if you don't need the transactional integration of Session.

If you have just one engine in play, none of this is necessary, just bind the
Session to the engine generated by create_engine() and no additional arguments
are needed for Session.execute().