Hello,

I would like SQLAlchemy to generate views much in the same way it can generate
tables- perhaps like this:

View('bob',select([...]))

Is the SQLAlchemy code modular enough to support a user-defined SchemaItem or
does that require changes to SQLAlchemy itself?

The reason I would very much like this is because I currently use the Table
objects, munge them through a processor to add common attributes, and generate
a schema- I would like to be able to do the same with View objects.

I looked at subclassing sqlalchemy.schema.Table, but the __new__ override and
the fact that the sql.compiler.DDLCompiler has hardcoded
visit_create_<schemaitem> names gives me pause as to whether or not this can be
accomplished without modifying SQLAlchemy itself.

I realize that questions surrounding view pop up from time-to-time, so does it
make sense to create or support a dialect-specific or user-defined SchemaItem?

Thanks!

Cheers,