/.../.../python2.6/site-packages/SQLAlchemy-0.6.5-py2.6.egg/sqlalchemy/
dialects/postgresql/psycopg2.py", line 234, in dbapi
 psycopg = __import__('psycopg2')
ImportError: No module named psycopg2

The module psycopg2 is  already installed in the site-packages
directory. I even included the path in the system variable by :
sys.path.append('/.../.../python2.6/site-packages/') in the wsgi
script.Still it won't work.
Why?