Eduardo wrote:

> /.../.../python2.6/site-packages/SQLAlchemy-0.6.5-
> py2.6.egg/sqlalchemy/
> dialects/postgresql/psycopg2.py", line 234, in dbapi
>  psycopg = __import__('psycopg2')
> ImportError: No module named psycopg2
>
> The module psycopg2 is  already installed in the site-packages
> directory. I even included the path in the system variable by :
> sys.path.append('/.../.../python2.6/site-packages/') in the wsgi
> script.Still it won't work.
> Why?

OK, this is definitely no longer an SQLAlchemy issue and more of a
mod_wsgi issue - you might get more help over on their mailing list
(http://code.google.com/p/modwsgi/wiki/WhereToGetHelp).

I believe psycopg2 is not a pure python module - it has a binary
component. Was it compiled with the same version of python that mod_wsgi
was?

Try this wsgi script (based on one from
http://code.google.com/p/modwsgi/wiki/InstallationIssues)

import sys
from pprint import pformat

def application(environ, start_response):
    status = '200 OK'
    output = ("sys.prefix: %r\nsys.path: %s\n"
              % (sys.prefix, pformat(sys.path))
    response_headers = [('Content-type', 'text/plain'),
                        ('Content-Length', str(len(output)))]
    start_response(status, response_headers)
    return [output]

It would be worth comparing the output from that with the values of
sys.prefix and sys.path when run from bottle.

Hope that helps,

Simon