On Aug 2, 2011, at 12:09 PM, RVince wrote:

> Michael,
>
> But if I do the following, and do NOT close it (at least, I dont
> believe I am now):
>
>        result = engine.execute("select
> current_disposition_code,count(*) as num from cms_input_file group by
> current_disposition_code;")
>        c.curent_disposition_codes = []
>        c.num = []
>        for row in result:
>
> c.curent_disposition_codes.append(str(row['current_disposition_code']))
>            c.num.append(str(row['num'] ))
>
> And I look in at c.curent_disposition_codes and c.num, and I see 4
> values for each, then, when I go to render it with:
>
>       <%
>               i = 0
>       %>
>       % for result in c.current_disposition_codes:
>               ${result}[${c.num.index(i)}]
>               <%
>                       i = i + 1
>               %>
>       % endfor

In this case you are running through the result proxy in your controller,
assigning to a collection, and its done.  That is perfectly fine.   Feel free
to close out the connection after iterating the result set.

Then, it is unusual that you're indexing what is basically a string, i.e. each
value of "result" with the [] operator though.