Thanks Michael, you're correct I'm using pyodbc with FreeTDS, which doesn't
recognize the time datatype (and it seems FreeTDS doesn't support anything
above SQLServer 2005). And you're right, this is not a SQLAlchemy issue.
Sorry about that. I guess I can work around this by using time.isoformat()
in filter constraints. Hope that's portable to windows! Thanks (again) for
your help--this is the second time you've helped me out here.
Much appreciated. Simon.