So,

I have worked on a first prototype, and was unable to use the event
system as-is, because of a lack of context to know which database the
user is trying to access.

So, after a bit of hacking, here's what I have done:

http://tarek.pastebin.mozilla.org/1372473

- the url is passed along the ConnectionFairy checkout method, so I
can decide if I have to switch the database
- I keep a few globals to decide lazily if a database should be initialized
- I keep one engine and one pool *per server*

it seems to work, here's an example of usage with the query() function:

http://tarek.pastebin.mozilla.org/1372476

So, now I am pretty sure most of this code is crappy, and there's a
better way to do this.  I still need to make sure all of this is
thread-safe.

Thoughts ? Feedback ?

Cheers
Tarek