On Thu, Nov 3, 2011 at 11:31 PM, Michael Bayer <mike...@zzzcomputing.com> wrote:

> I should look at this more closely, took a brief glance.  One thought I had
> was why not do the "switch the schema" thing within Engine.connect(), at
> least there you know which engine you're dealing with.

Ok I'll try this. I was not sure it was the proper place to do the
initialization of the schema

> Though I don't really understand how this is organized anyway, the query()
> function for example seems a little weird, wouldn't you want this to be
> transparent at the Engine level ?

Yeah sure -- that's the optimal goal.

I will try to refactor everything as a custom Engine I guess, that
handles/initialize its own set of pools,

> There should be a simple way to make two engines talk to one pool and switch
> the "schema" based on each engine.   Maybe some context to be provided to the
> checkout event- possibly a small API change.

Will try and come back ;)

Thanks

Tarek Ziadé | http://ziade.org