Well, my case is a bit different. I'm writing a nightly running batch
script. And this script is not running inside pyramid context, which means
it is not the model that called from the framework. Instead, I arrange it
to run by system cron. But, I'm trying to utilize the pyramid environment
settings, like the development.ini and production.ini to get the connection
string and the contextual/thread-local session management object
ZopeTransactionExtension*. *I'm not sure if this is the best practice of
doing in this way*,* may be I should just use the plain session object. For
my understanding, it's the framework's responsibility to commit or abort
session if using the thread-local session. That is way I manually put them
in the code. So anyway I would like to know the reason that why the SA
doesn't do anything in this case.* *And I was suspecting it is the reason
of the complex joins in usage, because I have other code that doing things
in the same way, they are just some simple single table queries, so....*
*