And yet again the problem is not in SQLAlchemy but in Pyramid.... Sorry, from now on, I'll first try writing test scripts without Pyramid to see where the problem is, I just don't have time for that kind of debugging so I'm wasting yours. :)

Thanks. I'll write to Pylons Discuss list, but the test script is here nevertheless. Comment out line 266 (and remove imports) to disable Pyramid and see it work okay. Without Pyramid (but even with Transaction and ZopeTransactionExtension), the gcdelta is 0 or negative per batch of 200 iterations. With Pyramid bootstrapped, gcdelta is in thousands per batch of 200 iterations.

https://gist.github.com/d669e958c54869c69831

.oO V Oo.