On Mar 2, 2012, at 6:32 AM, Pau Tallada wrote:

> Great!
>
> I'll test it ASAP.
>
> BTW, is it hard to implement CTE with the ORM layer? :P

what you'd do is use query() to create a SELECT statement, then call
.statement.cte() on it.   Then you use that in another Query as something you
can select FROM just like any other subquery.   If you're doing recursive +
UNION I think it's best to keep that on the core selectable you get back from
cte().   It seems like WITH RECURSIVE...UNION needs a lot of aliasing so I'm
not seeing a way to cut down on that verbosity.   You should be able to use an
aliased(MyClass) construct in the same way you'd normally do sometable.alias().

I can add query.cte() as a shortcut for that, it's basically analogous to
query.subquery().