> Having a single table to store all the customer's logs didn't seem to
> work because when the device is removed and the logs have to be
> deleted the table gets locked for a while.

Huh? Bad choice of DBMS/OS? Bad application design?

> My question is, is this a good idea? Am I missing something?

I would go for one table for all customers, but for _partitioning_ the
log table into one partition per customer.

A database such as e.g. PostgreSQL running on an operating system that
knows how to combine multitasking and I/O (read: _not_ MS Windows)
should be perfectly capable of serving clients while deleting an entire
table partition.

Sincerely,

Wolfgang