Good day! I have an existing setup connecting (doing selects only) to a
sybase database and I can successfully use sybase+pyodbc or mssql+pyodbc
interchangeably... Now I'm trying to setup and use mssql+pymssql instead,
and I am getting an error.

I can successfully connect and query pymssql directly, but it appears that
my connection isn't setting server_version_info and it is causing an error
on line 1117 of the mssql base dialect file[1].

if I change this line from:
if self.server_version_info[0] not in range(8, 17):
to:
if self.server_version_info and self.server_version_info[0] not in range(8,
17):

then everything works fine.

I'm not sure if you care to support sybase connections using the mssql
dialect, but it seems like you wouldn't want emitting a warning cause an
uncaught exception.

Thank you,
Firass.

[1]