On Oct 8, 2012, at 11:10 AM, Ladislav Lenart wrote:

> Ok, I will give it yet another try, but please note that the following works:
>
> import pyodbc
> from sqlalchemy.engine import create_engine
> from sqlalchemy.ext.sqlsoup import SqlSoup
>
> def connect():
>    return
> pyodbc.connect('DRIVER={FreeTDS};SERVER=10.230.128.140;PORT=1433;DATABASE=ZFP_CRM;UID=efractal;PWD=efR@cZFP13;TDS_VERSION=8.0;')
> engine = create_engine('mssql+pyodbc://', creator=connect)
> db = SqlSoup(engine)
> x = db.execute("select * from mlm_spol").fetchone()
> print x
>

> i.e. raw SqlSoup.execute() sees the table and returns a valid result.
>

> I regard this as a proof that the connection was established successfully and
> the problem lies elsewhere. Am I wrong?

perhaps.  Maybe the connection doesn't have correct access to the information
schema tables, as SQLSoup relies upon table reflection.  you'd need to run with
echo='debug' on your engine to see exactly what queries are being emitted and
the rows being returned, and determine why an information schema row for
"mlm_spol" isn't being returned.