the PDFS have generated very poorly for quite some time and readthedocs
environment is not able to adapt to the many warnings it generates for
SQLAlchemy's documentation.   I've was n the Sphinx list a few years ago at
this point asking for solutions regarding some of these warnings and was not
able to get help on them - some of the constructs that Sphinx allows (and which
we really need, namely code examples underneath a :param:) aren't compatible
with their LaTeX model.    I don't have the resources personally to keep
banging my head against the immensely antiquated LaTeX tools, not to mention
readthedocs not getting around to fixing things either, so I've taken the PDF
links off the site.