Hello there, fellow developers!

We've recently run into a terrible problem.

A small tool uses SQLAlchemy to execute statements read from a text file
against a database.

The trouble comes when that pre-defined statement has a colon symbol in the
field value of a, say, INSERT statement.

Like as follows:
INSERT INTO my_test_table values (123, ':bar')

Running this statement with a plain session.execute(stmt) (where stmt
contains a unicode string with full statement) causes a StatementError with
a message like "A value is required for bind parameter u'bar'"

However, I'm certain that parameter placeholders should not be parsed from
within string literals.

Is there a way to tell SA that this statement should not be analyzed for
placeholders?

Thanks in advance for help and advice!

Best regards,
Ivan.