Hi,

I'm trying to create the following index (on PostgreSQL) with SQLAlchemy
0.8:

CREATE INDEX doc_idx ON xmltab (CAST((xpath('//@bla', doc))[1] AS TEXT));

(where doc is a column of type XML)

I got this far:

Index("doc_idx", cast((func.xpath('//@bla', xmlTable.c.doc))[1], TEXT))

but get the error:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "xmltests.py", line 146, in <module>
    idx = Index("doc_idx", cast((func.xpath('//@bla', xmlTable.c.doc))[1],
TEXT))
  File "build/bdist.linux-x86_64/egg/sqlalchemy/sql/operators.py", line
320, in __getitem__
  File "build/bdist.linux-x86_64/egg/sqlalchemy/sql/expression.py", line
2311, in operate
  File "build/bdist.linux-x86_64/egg/sqlalchemy/sql/operators.py", line
320, in __getitem__
  File "build/bdist.linux-x86_64/egg/sqlalchemy/sql/expression.py", line
1994, in operate
  File "build/bdist.linux-x86_64/egg/sqlalchemy/sql/expression.py", line
2148, in _unsupported_impl
NotImplementedError: Operator 'getitem' is not supported on this expression

It seems getitem should be allowed since the xpath expression returns an
array of nodes (and it is fine in PostgreSQL).
Any idea what I am doing wrong and how to fix it?

Thanks,
Christian