I'm clearly blind - thanks for the pointer!

the JSONB type extends JSON's functionality - its a superset thereof
supporting additional query types.  Data marshalling doesn't change I think
as it still gives us json..

I can always refactor it later if you feel it needs its own file and it
becomes too unwieldy.

Thanks for the fast response!