M3nt0r3 <m3nt...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Here, in the log i change the search_path to veterfarma that is the news
> scheme but the query is performed to ferchim. that is the first schema i
> choose on the app start.
>
> i have
>
>     __table__ = Table('foo', metadata,  schema=schema,  autoload=True )

1. do not use bound metadata.       I don’t recommend the use of bound metadata
for any situation, and it is only in the docs in one place with a prominent
warning that one should probably not use it.

2. do not place the “schema” directive into the Table.  the schema for the
Table will be None.

> in every Class Foo(Base)
>
> if i don't use schema in the definition i have a
>
> 2015-01-19 16:48:20,698 INFO sqlalchemy.engine.base.Engine {'table_name':
> u'foo'}
> Traceback (most recent call last):
> [...]
>    File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/sqlalchemy/engine/reflection.py",
> line 54, in cache
>     ret = fn(self, con, *args, **kw)
>   File
> "/usr/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/sqlalchemy/dialects/postgresql/base.py",
> line 1933, in get_table_oid
>     raise exc.NoSuchTableError(table_name)
> NoSuchTableError: foo

3. do not use any engine directly for any purpose other than to procure a
Connection object.  do not pass it to a Table for autoload, especially.    When
we get a Connection object, we always have to set a new search path on it.

4. it’s awkward that you have many schemas each with the same schema repeated,
yet you want to use reflection - which schema do you wish to reflect?   are all
the schemas exactly the same ?  if not, you’d need to map to each schema
individually.   Here, we will assume that *all schemas are completely
identical*, that we can reflect just one of them and those tables will match
all the other schemas.

I’d recommend using DeferredReflection:

docs.sqlalchemy.org/en/rel_0_9/orm/extensions/declarative/api.html#sqlalchemy.ext.declarative.DeferredReflection

then to do the prepare:

with engine.begin() as connection:
        connection.execute(“SET search_path …”)
        DeferredReflection.prepare(connection)