On Tuesday, January 20, 2015 at 5:34:27 PM UTC-5, Brian Glogower wrote:

> Thanks for the idea. Do you have an example?

I don't have a personal example handle, but from the docs...

http://docs.sqlalchemy.org/en/rel_0_9/orm/tutorial.html#using-literal-sql

>>> session.query(User).from_statement(...                     text("SELECT *
>>> FROM users where name=:name")).\...
>>> params(name='ed').all()[<User(name='ed', fullname='Ed Jones',
>>> password='f8s7ccs')>]

So you should be able to do something like:

   query = Session.query(Host)\
   .from_statement(
          sqlaclhemy.text("SELECT hostname, sha256 FROM DATABASE1.hosts
LEFT JOIN DATABASE2.ssh_host_keys ssh_host_keys ON ssh_host_keys.hostname
== hosts.hostname)
   )

I was also thinking of having two sessions and then implementing a pseudo
> join in code.

 I would try to stay away from that, because that will require two database
connections.