You don't need to convert it to a Table object, but you probably do
need to add 'schema': 'whatever' to the __table_args__ dictionary.

In answer to your second question, I very much doubt you can use
query.join() with 2 DB connections. query.join() simply adds an SQL
JOIN clause to the query that is eventually sent to the database -
there's no way of making that work with 2 separate connections.

As an alternative, I think it should be possible to put the tables
that exist in a separate schema in a separate SQLAlchemy MetaData
(they'd need to use a separate declarative Base class). The MetaData
can hold the default schema for the tables, and I *think* you should
be able to use tables from different MetaData in query.join(). (I
haven't tested this though).

http://docs.sqlalchemy.org/en/rel_0_9/orm/extensions/declarative/basic_use.html#accessing-the-metadata

http://docs.sqlalchemy.org/en/rel_0_9/core/metadata.html#sqlalchemy.schema.MetaData

http://docs.sqlalchemy.org/en/rel_0_9/core/metadata.html#metadata-describing