On Fri, Jan 23, 2015 at 12:17 PM, SF Markus Elfring
<elfr...@users.sourceforge.net> wrote:
>>> The parameter "IF NOT EXISTS" could be passed to the SQL statement "CREATE
>>> TABLE".
>>>
>>> * Is this setting already used by the class library "SQLAlchemy 0.9.8-78.1"?
>>
>> From a quick scan of the docs it appears not.
>
> How can parameter additions be achieved for this software?

The general mechanism for generating SQL that isn't directly supported
by SQLAlchemy is to use the "compiler" module:

http://docs.sqlalchemy.org/en/rel_0_9/core/compiler.html

I guess it's the CreateTable object you'd need to adapt:

http://docs.sqlalchemy.org/en/rel_0_9/core/ddl.html

Although this sounds to me like a reasonable flag to add to core (it's
supported by multiple database implementations), so perhaps if you
added support for it directly into SQLAlchemy, Mike might accept that
patch.

>> Are you asking if "IF NOT EXISTS" will work in a high-concurrency context?
>
> Yes.
>
> How many database implementations support the simultaneous table creation
> according to the rules from transaction management?

No idea. You'd need to ask the makers of all the databases you are
interested in.

Simon