> On Thursday, January 22, 2015 at 2:40:19 PM UTC-5, SF Markus Elfring wrote:
> I am surprised that this database software show such (unexpected)
> behaviour.

Aside from what Michael wrote...

The reason why you're seeing an IntegrityError like that, is because
Postgres is raising an integrity error on it's internal tables.  The `pg_`
prefix is well known to relate to internal postgres system data.
 PostgreSQL explicitly reserves the `pg_` prefix for it's own schemas and
advises users against creating tables that begin with `pg_` as well
(http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.2/static/ddl-schemas.html).  So to those
with experience in Postgres, this wouldn't be unexpected error and
accurately explains what the underlying problem is.