Hi,

On Sunday, August 30, 2015 at 11:18:49 PM UTC-4, Michael Bayer wrote:

> if it happens every time with that exact same numeric identifier, that's a
> clue.  If it happens on more than just one particular Postgresql database
> server with the same data, that's another clue.
>
> You'd want to construct a raw psycopg2 script and test that the query
> using the same string SQL and the same parameter passed to cursor.execute()
> still isn't working.

I tried the same exact query in a raw psycopg2 script and it worked.
(Setting up a duplicate database is a non-trivial task.) It fails every
time for the same ID number in SQLAlchemy. I've gone ahead and updated the
needed values by hand; hopefully this was a fluke and won't happen again.
(I can see this statement coming back to bite me.)

Cheers,
Demitri