On 02/27/2016 07:26 AM, Piotr Dobrogost wrote:
On Friday, February 26, 2016 at 7:45:46 PM UTC+1, Jonathan Vanasco wrote:

    I'm not either, and I'm scared of the SQL that would be generated
    and the wire traffic/memory if there were.  That would be subselects
    within subqueryloads within... this also seems a bit more about
    "updates to associations" vs "association_proxy".

True. I admit this would be rather complicated but as I'm new to SA and
everybody has SA in high regard I hoped it could be capable of doing
such a thing.

Thanks for taking time to reply and for all information you provided
which is very helpful.

If I can just wrap this up, do i understand correctly that this would the functionality of "joined eager loading", except applied to something like an UPDATE..FROM ?

I think you can get pretty close to that just using plain UPDATE..FROM and spelling out the joins you want. Recently we even got UPDATE..FROM a JOIN b working.

Regards,
Piotr