On Saturday, February 27, 2016 at 10:26:53 PM UTC+1, Mike Bayer wrote:

> If I can just wrap this up, do i understand correctly that this would
> the functionality of "joined eager loading", except applied to something
> like an UPDATE..FROM ?

I think so although I can't say I'm 100% sure as I'm not fluent in neither
SA nor in SQL.

Jonathan Vanasco wrote earlier:
>For this general task, I `flush` the session, use the `update` command on
the target class -- filtering the >WHERE based on the parent object and
 join conditions --  then I `expire_all` (because that update may have
>affected in-memory object relations).  There is a small hit on reloading
all the data, but I've found the `update` >to run considerably faster and
make it worth-it.

This explains how to do this starting from the "opposite end". I mean the
situation is that there's some parent_class <-relationship-> target_class
and I want to update objects of target_class having initially objects of
parent_class without explicitly selecting objects of target_class first as
in Jonathan's solution.

Regards,
Piotr