Oh interesting.  I didn't know that about the @expression.  I'll play
around with the as_scalar() as well, and see if I can get something to
work.

class Wavelength(Base):
    __tablename__ = 'wavelength'
    __table_args__ = {'autoload': True, 'schema': 'mangadatadb',
'extend_existing': True}

    wavelength = deferred(Column(ARRAY_D(Float, zero_indexes=True)))

The wavelength table has a single row and single column, which is an array.

The other table of interest would look something like

class NSA(Base):
    __tablename__ = 'nsa'
    __table_args__ = ({'autoload': True, 'schema': 'mangasampledb'})

    z = Column(Float)

This table basically has a float column that corresponds to objects in the
main cube (object) table. Each float value is used to modify the array in
wavelength to a unique array for that object.

The Cube class joins to NSA via two tables that are just intermediate
linking tables for this purpose  Cube -> Table A -> Table AToB - > Table B
(NSA)

class MangaTarget(Base):
    __tablename__ = 'manga_target'
    __table_args__ = {'autoload': True, 'schema': 'mangasampledb'}

class MangaTargetToNSA(Base):
    __tablename__ = 'manga_target_to_nsa'
    __table_args__ = (
        ForeignKeyConstraint(['manga_target_pk'],
                             ['mangasampledb.manga_target.pk']),
        ForeignKeyConstraint(['nsa_pk'], ['mangasampledb.nsa.pk']),
        {'autoload': True, 'schema': 'mangasampledb'})

 The rest can probably be hacked together.   Let me know if you need
anything else.