On Wednesday, September 26, 2018 at 10:08:43 PM UTC-4, jens.t...@gmail.com
wrote:

> Suppose I get the “new”, “dirty”, and “deleted” sets as per discussion
> below, and I’m especially interested in the “dirty” set: is there a way to
> find out which properties of an object were modified, or only that the
> object was modified?

You want the `inspect`  API

https://docs.sqlalchemy.org/en/latest/core/inspection.html

use `inspect` to get at the InstanceState for the object
(https://docs.sqlalchemy.org/en/latest/orm/internals.html#sqlalchemy.orm.state.InstanceState)

then use `attrs` on the InstanceState to view the `attrs` which has an
`AttributeState` with a `history`
(https://docs.sqlalchemy.org/en/latest/orm/internals.html#sqlalchemy.orm.state.AttributeState)

if you search for 'inspect' in this forum, Michael has provided many
examples on this topic.