Yes, that's correct. If you are running 64-bit Python then you need to have
a 64-bit version of the ODBC driver installed. 64-bit applications cannot
use 32-bit drivers.

On Wednesday, April 20, 2022 at 2:21:32 AM UTC-6 Trainer Go wrote:

> Hi Gord Thompson,
>
> with print pyodbc.drivers() result = ['SQL Server', 'Microsoft Access
> Driver (*.mdb, *.accdb)', 'Microsoft Excel Driver (*.xls, *.xlsx, *.xlsm,
> *.xlsb)', 'Microsoft Access Text Driver (*.txt, *.csv)']
>
> but i think i know why i have problems with the connection. Cause i tried
> to connect with my 64 Bit Python programm a 32 Bit driver and the 32 Bit
> driver isnt listed in my pyodbc print 64 Bit
>
> Gord Thompson schrieb am Donnerstag, 14. April 2022 um 18:30:44 UTC+2:
>
>> > Der Datenquellenname wurde nicht gefunden, und es wurde kein
>> Standardtreiber angegeben
>>
>> "The data source name was not found and no default driver was specified"
>>
>> Use
>>
>> import pyodbc
>>
>> print(pyodbc.drivers())
>>
>> to view the names of the ODBC drivers that are available to your
>> application.
>>
>> On Thursday, April 14, 2022 at 3:35:52 AM UTC-6 Trainer Go wrote:
>>
>>> i tried to connect my database but im getting an InterfaceError and i
>>> dont know how so solve it.
>>>
>>> connection_string = (
>>>     "DRIVER=Adaptive Server Anywhere 7.0;"
>>>     "SERVER=IP;"
>>>     "PORT=Port;"
>>>     "UID=ID;PWD=PASSWORD;"
>>>     "DATABASE=NameOfDatabase;"
>>>     "charset=utf8;"
>>> )
>>> connection_url = URL.create(
>>>     "sybase+pyodbc",
>>>     query={"odbc_connect": connection_string}
>>> )
>>> engine = create_engine(connection_url)
>>>
>>> conn = engine.connect()
>>>
>>> InterfaceError: ('IM002', '[IM002] [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Der
>>> Datenquellenname wurde nicht gefunden, und es wurde kein Standardtreiber
>>> angegeben (0) (SQLDriverConnect)')
>>> InterfaceError: (pyodbc.InterfaceError) ('IM002', '[IM002]

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/sqlalchemy/14644b11-44bb-41a3-8e2e-0f5d320a26e5n%40googlegroups.com.