Weird, I did try that but I can't seem to trigger it.

Here's a self-contained test:
https://gist.github.com/tonycosentini/4dee3478695d032ca67707b5e26739b6

I have the event listener set to just crash, but it never triggers.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/sqlalchemy/CAEx_o%2BAhhUSPDYuGL4TFkTvxjHYfKEWUnBMxh2PzCDw3GJPaGg%40mail.gmail.com.