I'm trying to load a fairly large table (~ 7.5 million rows, 1.5 gb of raw
data) with the 'copy' command, and I'm getting a sqlite fatal error:

    sqlite> copy or replace tab1 from 'tab1.can';
    sqlite> select count(*) from tab1;
    31624
    sqlite> copy or replace tab2 from 'tab2.can';
    SQL error: database disk image is malformed

The 'tab1' copy works fine, just under 30 seconds to load the 31,624 rows.
In loading 'tab2', the copy runs for 50 minutes (or longer, I didn't time it),
The database is empty except for the table definitions.  My platform is
AIX 5.2, sqlite complied with gcc.  I'm not a frequent user of AIX; sqlite
seems to work fine, as does tclsqlite.so .

It's also not a table schema problem - I've been running this on Linux and
Windows, although not this large of a table yet.  I'm setting up to run the
same input file on Linux right now....

Any help is greatly appreciated!

--
Tom Poindexter