On Thursday 08 April 2004 01:49 pm, Stathy G Touloumis wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We are working on a potential architecture by which many sqlite databases
> are created.  There may be a need to aggregate data between databases and I
> was wondering if it's possible to quickly just 'cat' the databases together
> or will they need to be recreated into a single sqlite file.

You cannot just 'cat' the files together. However, you can accomplish what you
need very easily.

Assume the 'main' db is open, and you want to take the contents of table 'a'
in database 'second.db' and concatinate it to main table 'a':

attach 'second.db' as second;
insert into a (select * from second.a);
detach second;

Repeat this for all tables you want to cat together.