Mr. Warren was kind to provide me the code for Palm OS
port of Sqlite(I incorrectly mentioned "Mr. Wayne" in
my last mail; the work has been done by Mr. Warren
Taylor). He has generously  permitted me to add the
code to wiki. Since I cannot add the code to wiki due
to its limitations I have uploaded the code to my
site(there is no page or anything, just the code). The
url is:
http://jalil.org/sqlite/SqlitePalm.zip

The wiki has been updated with the link for download.
The wiki is available at:
http://www.sqlite.org/cvstrac/wiki?p=SqlitePalm

As far as further development of Palm port goes, I am
planning on porting it to Palm OS 6.0 with native Arm
development. After the port of database system is
complete I plan to write an interface for conduit
which can be used during the hotsync. If anyone is
interested in helping out in this effort then please
let me know.

Regards,

Jalil Vaidya

> With regard to the code that I ported for the Palm
> OS...
>
> All worked well with a minimal test application but
> when I put in into my full size application the
> SELECT statements ran very slow under Palm OS 5 and
> would not run at all under Palm OS 3.5 due to
> insufficient memory and stack space.  I have a few
> ideas about how to get around the limitation imposed
> by the Palm OS but I just have to find the time to
> try it out.
>
> Another potential problem has to do with indexes and
> hotsynch'ing but that one is fairly involved.
>

> --
> Warren Taylor, B.Sc.,
> Taylor Software Inc.
> mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]