At 11:22 PM -0400 7/22/04, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
Scott Leighton <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
 >  OK, but what happens to existing sqlite databases we're already
 using with Perl?  From what I can see, if I update to the new
 DBD:SQLite, I'll end up with v 3.x even though all my existing
 db's are v 2.8. Will it auto-detect and upgrade them?

And what of read-only databases (e.g. those databases which have been written to CD or DVD) and can't be upgraded? Can they still be queried?

The simplest answer for both of these is to use DBD::SQLite 0.31 for version 2 databases, and DBD::SQLite 1.0 for version 3 databases. If you mean, use them both simultaneously, then that's more complicated, and I won't go into it now. -- Darren Duncan