Jakub Adamek wrote:

I only wonder, what is the file SQLite creates in /tmp? My program calls "CREATE TABLE", "INSERT" and "SELECT". Why does SQLite need some temporary file?

That temporary file is where it stores temporary tables created using CREATE TEMP TABLE and so forth. Additional temporary files will be created for some intermediate tables needed to evaluate certain subqueries. For example, if you do

     ... WHERE x IN (SELECT a FROM table1);

The results of the subquery are stored in a separate database file
created in /tmp.

--
D. Richard Hipp -- [EMAIL PROTECTED] -- 704.948.4565